Shipping & Returns
As soon as you place your order you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
Shipment of Order:
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card it will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address your provide when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com.
Receiving Shipment Best Practices:
- We'd like to make sure that we have a good daytime contact phone number for you, preferably a cell phone. The number is not used in any marketing calls, it is strictly to have quick and direct communication with you and about your order and delivery. Is the phone number you provided us a good contact number for your delivery. The same applies to your email address; please let us know if we need to update it. You should have already received an email order receipt from us. If you have not yet received any email from us check your spam folder or call us to confirm we have the correct address.
- For larger products, the trucking company will call and/or email you to arrange a delivery appointment. Generally, these appointments are given with a four hour window. We recommend that you schedule a window that includes time to spare in case delivery is earlier or later than scheduled. While everyone involved is working their hardest to stay on schedule, traffic, weather, mechanical breakdowns, etc. do occur and it is good to be flexible.
- When you are receiving the delivery, please be sure to inspect the order carefully for any signs of damage from transit. The driver is required to wait for your full inspection. Do not sign the delivery receipt if you suspect damage and please call us immediately at 1-866-619-5772. If we are not available (after hours) you can either reject the shipment and the driver will take it away, or you can note the suspected damage on the delivery receipt. Simple notations such as 'hole on side of box, subject to inspection' or 'box torn may have damaged contents' is sufficient. These shipments are fully insured against damage and you have the right to refuse anything you suspect is not in good condition.
- If you sign for an item that appeared okay at the time of delivery, but you open it later to find that there is 'concealed damage' please contact us immediately. Please Note - open your orders and inspect for damage within 48 hours. Any concealed damage must be reported within 48 hours otherwise the insurance will have expired.
- If you need inside delivery please let us know now. There are extra charges for inside delivery (ie. White Glove Delivery), 'set in place' and debris removal services. The current service includes delivery into the first entrance with no stairs.
Note: Some of our products come with White Glove Service. Product pages should specify is this is the case. If nothing is specified on the product page, the item will be delivered and you will be required to move the item once it has been off-loaded by the shipping company.
Curbside Shipping - Delivered to your curb, typically next to the mailbox. You will be responsible for moving and assembling.
Standard Delivery (Threshold delivery) - Delivery to the first enclosed area (garage, covered awning, etc). Again, moving and assembly from that point will be your responsibility.
White Glove Delivery - White Glove Service generally includes unpacking, removal/disposal of packing materials and transporting your order up or down a maximum of 5 stairs. Additional stairs and tight turns may cost extra. Delivery is by appointment. We will call you to set a date.
Expedited Shipping - Expediting shipping is simply faster shipping.
To discuss shipping options for your product outside of the Standard Free shipping, please contact customer support.
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If you item(s) arrive damaged please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Cancellations & Refunds:
All orders cancelled after 48 hours are subject to a 20% administration fee whether or not your order has shipped. If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges as well as the shipping charges that were incurred to thethe customer. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
To start the refund procedure please contact customer support.
- Contact us immediately (within 30 days of delivery). Contacting us after this period voids any claim.
- Obtain a return authorization number from us.
- Place the item securely in the original package, exactly as how it was packaged. Please package the item, accessories, etc exactly as it arrived, if the item is not packaged this way damage might occur.
- Include all paperwork, parts and accessories that were included with the item, display item, etc.
- Ship the item back to us (at your cost) to the address we provide. It is recommended that the return is insured for the purchase price in case of loss or damage. You will need to contact the shipping company for claims if needed.
- Email us the tracking number of the shipment.
- We will notify you when we receive the item and ensure that it in salable condition.
- If the return is in salable condition, we will process your refund right away (within 7 days at the absolute most). It will take 2-3 days to reflect on your account statement once the refund has been processed.
- The refund will be in the same form of payment equal to the "Total Unit Price" of the items printed on your invoice. This excludes shipping and handling (unless there was a shipping mistake). If shipping and handling was included in the item price, the actual FedEx/DHL/UPS/Freight cost for that box size and weight will be deducted.
- For special order items, refunds are not offered, only credits.
Important: Sending the item back to us without prior authorization voids your eligibility for a full refund as this voids the damage claim eligibility with the shipping company. In the event that a return is needed, we will make arrangements for the return. Do not send it back via any other means. Please contact us first.
IMC Surplus is dedicated to ensure that the thousands of products we store in our warehouse are in-stock and ready-to-ship. However, sometimes demand outpaces supply and we fall short. Backordered items are still available for purchase online, and will ship as soon as they become available.
If an item is backordered, we try be as clear and accurate as we can on the item´s product page to give you estimated delivery dates. Items that are currently backordered are listed on the product page with an “Expected to ship on (Date)” near the item price. You will also find the “Expected to ship on (Date)” when you add the item to your basket, as well as on your order´s email confirmation. Please be aware that delivery dates on backordered items are approximate and subject to change.
There are times when a shipment of backordered products is unexpectedly delayed from our vendors and your promised delivery date may change. If this happens, we will send you an email indicating which item has been delayed and its new estimated shipping date. If the new shipping date is unacceptable to you, you can contact our Customer Support specialists at 1-866-619-5772.